After spending the winter in the north, I am very happy to return to the roots of the south. I came back to the south in May and was greeted by the warmth and sunshine that I've gone for months.

After clearing my backyard, I decided it was time to find a good way to enjoy the great outdoors. I went to the local home improvement store to check the various styles of hammocks that they have. I was amazed at the many options in front of me.

They've stood alone hammock, knitted hammock, the hammock is made with nylon, and even a hammock tent with a tarp that can be hung over it. With so many choices, I knew I would have a difficult time.

I have two trees in the backyard that are quite far apart to hang a hammock in between, but they are in the corner of the page. The trees also provide a lot of color so I'm not too worried about the need of the tent hammock.

So my decision on the type of hammock down to the self-supporting hammock or hanging in the trees. When I was sitting outside contemplating and I know what my decision will be. I'll get a hammock that will stretch between the trees and can be placed in the corner of my backyard far away from everyone.

Then all I have to decide what style of hammock to get. Of course there are many choices at my disposal, but I can choose a knitted hammock with spreader bars at the head and legs. Hammock provides easy access to sit relaxed.

The last thing I need is ice cold drinks and evening entertainment in peace and backyard days of summer has begun.